About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm normally an out and out crochet girl but recently I've been persauded or forced to take up other crafty tools and felt I needed somewhere to talk about them

Tuesday 3 January 2012

A Crafty Christmas & New Year

Another year is over, more yarn has been bought and projects planned, started but not finished :)
2011 will forever be the year I finally mastered knitting (I say mastered, maybe managed is a better word), the lovely ladies at Stitch 'n' Bitch were amazing and patient as I attempted socks and the final result are currently warming my feet.

I have been teaching my self tunisian crochet and am loving the effects so far, and if I can remember to take photos I will post them, currently doing a honeycomb effect which is lovely.

My Christmas crafting started in my sister's kitchen as I supervised my neice and nephew as they made a gingerbread house, some biccies with the leftover dough and a mess in general.


I'm not sure who had more fun us or the kids :) I also made mince pies.

Any spare moments over the festive break were spent on my tunisian blanket, but to be honest there weren't very many.

In the pressie haul was a fab book of spooky crochet from my sis

So for the new year I must
  1. Finish at least 1 project :) as I have 10 wips at the last count and mum and sis have both made requests from Christmas pressie I really need to get my act in gear.
  2. I can't think of a 2, must finish things I have started :)
Happy 2012 :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment